#ModDeals Blog: Lifestyle, trends and whatever we want! xoxo
STOP and smell the flowers
COVER!!!! A PR girl’s dream!!! Joan Smalls wears Donna Karan Atelier on the cover of September VOGUE!!! Ahhhh!!!
Summer to Fall… Love it!
Daniela Dominique is a gorgeous doe-eyed, pouty lip beauty from our neighboring city and country Tijuana, Mexico! When we first met her, we feasted our eyes- she’s seriously the definition of perfection (according to us). She stands at a cool 5’11 (WITHOUT heels!), is quiet, yet edgy, and the craziest part of all?… She has taken off to New York City, where she will be walking the runways for the first time (well, at NYFW anyway!). After that, she jets off to Milan Fashion Week, and we can’t wait to see her strut her stuff all the way from SoCal on our computer monitors (wahhh!). Overall, she has impressed us all with her quirky personality and professionalism! We can’t wait to have her back again with us soon, babe! <3
1. What inspired you to start modeling? I got inspired by the opportunity to travel to different places.
2. Who is your fashion icon(s) and why? My mom and sister because growing up I always wanted to be just like them!
3. Describe your fashion style. My style is very comfy and affordable.
4. What’s your best kept beauty secret? It’s no secret I love to keep my face very clean! You can’t beat that!
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why? I’d like to travel to the moon. I’d like to see the Earth from there!
6. What’s your all-time favorite movie? Definitely “The Nightmare Before Christmas”!
7. What’s your ultimate closet must-have? Underwear, of course!
8. What’s your most embarrassing fashion moment? Sometimes being extremely clumsy on the runway!
9. Do you have a favorite fashion designer? Who and why? Edgar Morales, who is an amazing Mexican designer!
10. Celeb crush? Rihanna all the wayyyyy!
So what did you think about our babe, Dani? Isn’t she a beauty?!
HAPPY MONDAY, BABES! xx
In honor of our 2nd anniversary today (happy birthday to us!), we have been feeling very festive this past week! It was only natural to bring you a full post on how to throw the perfect end-of-summer party for you and your friends! You can obviously use these tips and tricks for any sort of event you may host in the future, but remember to tweak them just a bit. After all, you want to be known as that epic gal (or guy!) who threw that a-mazzzing party and not that lame get together, right? Ready? Read on!
1. Think of the perfect theme. Even the most casual of events definitely needs a theme! It will make planning everything around it SO much easier!
2. Set up a bar or cocktail station. Make sure you do this right before your guests arrive so they can do this themselves (since you’ll most likely be running around like crazy when it starts!).
3. Have great appetizers. If your event is going to be more of a big party (no formal dinner), opt for a simple, yet delicious dip that everyone can enjoy and keep moving!
4. Put a lid on it. Make your drinks more appealing by adding cupcake liners as cocktail covers so no one finds bugs in them (and very cute looking)!
5. Add some floral arrangements. Because no one wants to come to a visual-lacking affair. Add chic details and contrasting colors to make the arrangement POP even more!
(or recycle bottles like the ones above to save money!)
6. Have some bite-size sweets. While having a spread of food may be really mesmerizing to a larger crowd, having smaller snack-size portions make it even more personal, especially when they are wrapped in a cute jar, etc.
7. Light up the night. Weave strands of twinkle lights through your plants for an instant effect (perfect for sunset time)!
8. Take advantage of seasonal flavors, such as watermelon! Make some delicious watermelon margaritas, or freeze some cut-up pieces for your guests!
9. Host a potluck! Why do all the work when you can have friends help you out?!
10. The most important detail? Entertainment! Make sure you provide some great ambiance music or book a great DJ that will surely make everyone who didn’t attend your party jealous!
READY TO HAVE A BLAST?! Tell us what your favorite tips are and don’t forget to shop our site-wide sale going on NOW on moddeals.com!
(Images courtesy of Tumblr & Google)
Repin Via: Marlsy #moderngraphic #gettingreadyforfall #falltransition
We were very excited when we got the opportunity to chat with Sarah, who is a fashion and beauty blogger from the UK! Contrary to her blog name, she is not “a real secretary”, and has had her blog for about six years. When she is not out taking outfit photos, she spends time with her pets, a cute cat and dog by the names of Bonnie and Oscar. Read more about her below!